Halite Home

Add Julia support to the server

Hi, I've written a Julia Starter Package but the server doesn't support Julia, which is quite disappointing to me! Can I ask for Julia support for the server?

Yes! We can add it to our sandbox.

Can you provide the link?
I am going to add a section on the Forum.

Sure. This is in my fork of Halite. I've already created a PR for this.

Hi, I've written a bot in Julia - is this language supported on your servers yet?

Many thanks.

New user here--would love to see Julia added to the servers!

Same here!

For people who are waiting for this, the PR is at https://github.com/HaliteChallenge/Halite/pull/194. I guess they are finishing Julia support but don't know when exactly it will be done.

I noticed the Julia branch had gotten a bit out of date, so I create a PR (to the PR) that restores it to a state where it can be cleanly merged.

Personally, I'm still interested in seeing Julia support and would be willing to lend a helping hand in this regard if it is needed.

Thanks very much @jballanc.

The reason it never got done is that it just didn't seem to work on the servers. Paging @truell20 to give more detail on the precise issue.

We'd love any help or suggestions.

Thanks!

Was with an older PR. Wasn't with the branch @jballanc has proposed. I'll take a look at his.

Julia support is now on the server. Thanks for the PR and the prodding @jballanc.

Thank you to @xukai92 for the starter package

Awesome! Thanks @truell20 for the merge. I'll try to get a Julia bot posted in the next day or so and let you know if I run into any issues.

Thanks very much @jballanc!